Maritime Barometer Black, 125 mm (Face 85mm) - 1508B-06-US (US version)
Beautiful, classic barometer for house, garden or office. The barometer with open movement by Fischer of Germany represents high quality made in Germany and shows off with its outstanding design.
The barometer of this special design not only fascinates by its sophisticated and elegant look but also enables you to notice any change in weather. The precise craftsmanship and high-precision instruments allow exact measurement of air pressure so that inclement weather will not be a surprise.
Perfectly suitable as a gift!
- Longevity due to high-quality materials
- High-precision measurement
- Quality made in Germany by the traditional company Fischer Germany
- Easy to adjust
- Splendid craftsmanship
- Decorative and functional
- Display in English ("Stormy" / "Change" / "Very Dry")
- Inner scale: air pressure in hPa
- Outer scale: air pressure in inch (elevated)!
- Adjustable reference pointer for tracing changes in pressure
- Frame: 125 mm or 4.9 inch
- Open movement: 85 mm or 3.34 inch
- Depth: 40 mm or 1.57 inch
- Weight: 137 g
- Cover made of mineral glass
- Diamond ground brass
- Stainless steel with a durable powder-coated finish
Range of application:
Scope of delivery:
- Fischer Barometer stainless steel with a durable powder-coated finish
- Original manufacturing number 1508B-06-US (US version)
- Manual providing the most important information on weather (German & English)
- Local attitude set on 0 m
- Actual local attitude is set according to instructions before first use
What does a barometer measure?
A barometer is a device to measure the atmospheric pressure. Atmospheric pressure is measured by deformation of a flat and airless metal box. When the pressure raises the box contracts, when the pressure sinks the box expands. A high-precision measuring unit transfers this movement to a pointer which then displays the air pressure on a scale.
Air pressure and climate
Changes in weather are primarily determined by changes in air pressure. Due to the gravity earth is surrounded by a mantle of air (atmosphere).The static pressure that acts to the surface of the earth is called atmospheric pressure. Slow but steady rise of air pressure gives outlook to a profound and settled improvement in weather. A sharp rise, however, is most of the times accompanied by sharp falls which indicate unsteady changes in weather. This unsteady changes lead often to worsening of the weather.
Information on Feingeräte K. Fischer GmbH
Headquarter of Fischer till 1997
Fischer Germany stands for tradition and high-quality measuring instruments for weather & climate with elegant and timeless design made in Germany. Founded in 1945, the company provides reliability at all levels and offers state-of-the-art manufacturing. All products are exclusively made by hand and assembled in the German part of the Ore Mountains. With over 70 years of experience the company leaves no doubt in terms of quality, manufacturing or adjustment of all instruments.
Moreover, Fischer Germany is a strong advocate of sustainability and environmental friendly manufacturing methods.
New Headquarter, built in 1997